Monday, July 25

A Dreamer Behind My Dreams

There's a man whom I always want to pay tribute for all the things that I have now. I used to wrote words of gratitude in my personal journal but I'm just the one who can read those stuff. He's the man who thought me how to live ones dream and dream of my own dream. I can say "he is the dreamer behind my dreams". This person continue to inspire me to reach for the star even if others don't believe on me, this person never fails me. Even if I can count on my fingers the Christmas that we spent together, I highly respect this man. I consider this man as my first love and my own personal hero.


This man started his own dream at the age of 18. He was a young father then. He left the country to seek for a greener pasture and at the same time, to slowly reached his dreams even without going to college. He always wanted to earn a degree though. He used his skills to  reach to his desired destination. 

Indeed, he was accepted and was given a chance in Kuwait or in Qatar. I can't even remember what place he went first if it was Kuwait or Qatar. I was just how months old when he left. He used to go home every after two years even now. And he used to spent time with us for the span of less than two months every time he went home.

I know it was so hard for him to be away from his family. The feeling of being alone, away from ones family is not an easy thing. I fully understand what his doing when I left home to go to school in the city. It was really heard that nobody can take care of you when you have a fever. Every time I felt down, I thought of him, away from us for how many years. Way back then, I can't understand why he needs to spend more time away from us. Why he can't even spend Christmas with us every year? Why we can't go to church and hear mass every Sunday with us? It was really hard for me, coping up with the envy of others who has a father who do their carpentry projects in school. It was really funny my mom always did it for me. But a midst everything my mom never cease to remind us that his our father even during those tough times when our family almost tear into pieces. I can clearly remember the face of this brave man asking me, if I'm mad at at him because of what he made. I said to him, "I don't have the right to be mad at you. You are the reason why I'm what I am right now but if you'll ask me if she's mad at you. Yes, she is."

I spent time mostly with my mom. She supervised us as we grow but this man always finds time to attend on my special days in my life. He made sure he can attend my elementary graduation. He made sure he can attend on my debut, a day when every young girls turn into a young as they said. I never heard him praise me my works and achievements but I know deep inside me, this man is proud of what I am right now.

I'm really grateful to be your daughter because without those sacrifice that you've made, I am nothing right now. I may not be the best daughter in the world but you're always be the best dad for me. You may never heard me saying "I love you" but I make sure my heart will reach you wherever your feet brings you. You may never reach you dream earning a degree in a reputable university, I know you are proud of me fulfilling those for you.

The man behind my dreams..
(I'll find a better picture of yours)
Thank you is not enough to express my heartfelt gratitude for the things that you did, for the lessons in life that you embark to us and for that great dream of yours. I'll always be proud of you and mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;