Sunday, July 24

A Night With Lava Cake

Working 8-hours a day, sitting in front of a computer, writing codes, looking for bugs, going home and sitting again in front of my laptop; that's my routine everyday, five days a week. People says, it's a boring thing to do. To do something out of our routine, me and my friends decided to treat ourselves.



We planned to go out and try this so-called 'LAVA CAKE'.  But surprisingly this craving gave us an extra-ordinary evening full of adventure and fun.

Traffic Jam

July 20, 2011, it was a rainy day and we never thought that the rain will cause a traffic jam all over Cebu City. It even brought flood to some areas. During our lunch break I even asked my friends if we keep our plans in the evening a midst of the bad weather that day. They said YES, by saying that it means whatever the condition outside after our office hours, the plan is the plan. 

At 6:00PM, we waited for a jeepney outside the Keppel building. But after 30mins.we realize we can't ride a jeepney there. Every jeepney that passed by was full of passenger. So, I suggested that we walk towards Ayala Mall's jeepney stop. But the waiting and walking never ends there. We kept walking 'til we arrived at the intersection of Mabolo and Lahug. Dottie started to felt bad of what we are doing. It got even worse when I suggested that we will keep on walking 'til we arrive at our destination "The Fudge, Banilad". She said, we couldn't walk it's too far. I know that too. She said, we can eventually find a cab that will take us there. But another 30mins.passed by, still we couldn't find a single empty cab that will take us there.

The adventure begins. 

Dottie asked a father who was driving his kids going from school if we can hitch a ride going to Banilad. Lucky for us, the father was too kind for us that he allowed us to hitch. If I was in that situation, asking for a lift is my last option. I'd rather walk until I arrive in my destination. But I'm still thankful for Dottie's guts because we never arrived at the place looking so messed up and full of sweat.

Divie @ the multicab
   
Me and Dottie @ the multicab

It really was my first time hitching a ride from strangers. It was one of the highlight of the night. I couldn't 
forget that night. Gil came too, a midst of the flood going to "The Fudge". He said, they also asked for a lift through the knee-level flood. Thanks to the folks with big hearts!!! :)

Lava Cake
When we arrived at the "The Fudge", me and Divie immediately ordered the famous "Lava Cake" while Dottie went to a restroom to freshen up. We were asked to wait for 25 minutes. When the cake was served to us, it hot. It was made up of a chocolate syrup inside with an ice cream on top.  The chocolate syrup serves as the hot lava. The taste is perfect, it was not too sweet. I really love it. It was perfect for my taste and the price is worth it.


We also ordered this foods:


    
Frozen Iced Cappuccino
    
I can't really forget that day. I was amazing and I enjoyed the adventure brought to us by a "Lava Cake". 
The Famous John Gil




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. yummy foods.. love it.

Edj said...

hooooi! suya ko ninyo!!! =((

Unknown said...

laag sad panagsa edj.. :)

hacker101 said...

marvin here

Anonymous said...

gurl you better PREACH!!!!

Post a Comment

 
;